Benefits of Clear Braces
Are you considering invisible braces and have questions about the benefits of clear braces so you can decide if they are right for you? Clear braces can help you achieve the smile of your dreams inconspicuously. They are the perfect solution for patients looking to fix crooked teeth, gaps, crowding or orthodontic relapse. Unlike traditional braces, the benefits of clear braces are just that – they’re clear! This means that most people won’t even know you’re wearing braces.
There are two distinct benefits of clear braces.
- The first is that clear braces are more favorable aesthetically. The brackets are distinctly less obvious with clear braces. This is because they are made from ceramic. This is a huge benefit for people who feel self-conscious about the fact that they will be pursuing orthodontic treatment.
- The second advantage is in the treatment time. In many instances, clear braces provide results faster than clear aligners.
There are some disadvantages with invisible braces.
- The first is that some may find the cost restrictive. Invisible braces are more expensive than traditional braces, but many find that the benefit outweighs the cost because they don’t want to deal with unsightly wires and brackets associated with traditional braces. If you find that invisible braces are outside of your financial reach, talk with your orthodontist about financing options.
- The second disadvantage is that the ceramic brackets can be susceptible to staining without proper oral hygiene. If any staining occurs, the brackets will likely become more conspicuous. To avoid this, we recommend patients dedicate considerable time and effort to keep clear braces clean.
Benefits of Clear Braces | Are They the Right Choice for Me?
Your orthodontist will likely refer to clear braces as ceramic braces. To determine whether or not clear braces are the right option for you, you need to:
- Make sure that you really can and want to devote the extra time it will take to keep your invisible braces clean.
- Make sure that you can devote yourself to giving up certain foods and drinks (and smoking) during your treatment. Not doing so will stain ceramic brackets.
- Check on the cost and check with your dental insurance company. Find out what portion you will be responsible to pay. Talk with your orthodontist to ask about financing options, if needed.
- Consult with your orthodontist about whether clear braces are the best choice for you. Although orthodontists may use invisible braces to treat those issues typical of traditional braces, it is important to speak to your orthodontist first. He/she is the only professional who will be able to help you decide which treatment is best for you.
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of clear braces and if they’re right for you, please call our WNY orthodontists today to schedule a free screening.