You are here because you have questions about orthodontic extractions, or perhaps you’re concerned about needing teeth extracted prior to undergoing orthodontic treatment. To learn more about orthodontic extractions, watch this educational video by experienced Buffalo orthodontist Dr. Steven J. Hietanen. If you still have questions, contact our office to arrange a free Orthodontists Associates of WNY consultation today. We would love to help you achieve the healthy and beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
- When evaluating a patient to determine how best to treat them, we are often faced with extraction decisions.
- Extractions may be necessary in cases of excessive crowding. This is especially so when there is no other way to unravel that crowding to create space.
- With adult patients, extractions may be necessary to allow the teeth to move into a more favorable relationship because of the absence of growth to help you as an orthodontist.
- Extractions are sometimes indicated because of bony structures where the teeth lie. The result is that they get in the way, thereby preventing teeth from moving in the necessary directions. Because of this inhibited movement, the orthodontist must resort to alternative measures, such as extractions, to make needed corrections.
- We first examine our options from a standpoint of non-extraction. We recommend extraction only as a last resort.
Orthodontists Associates of Western New York is proud to offer braces for all ages throughout Buffalo, Lancaster, Olean, Hamburg, Orchard Park, and Dunkirk, East Aurora, and Niagara Falls New York. If you are considering orthodontic treatment for yourself or a loved one, please contact one of our 7 convenient orthodontic offices to arrange a free consultation.
Like us on Facebook!
At Orthodontists Associates of Western New York, our reputation as a leader in orthodontic care is based on one thing… Making a Healthy and Beautiful Smile