Do you have questions about how CBCT technology can improve your orthodontic care? In this educational video, dedicated Buffalo orthodontist Dr. Steven J. Hietanen explains how CBCT dental X-ray technology helps our orthodontists provide faster, and less invasive diagnoses. If you have questions about orthodontic care, or require dental imaging, contact us today to schedule a free Orthodontists Associates of WNY consultation.
- CBCT is a dental CT radiograph that employs a radiation exposure similar to dental films. We always want to use cutting-edge technology in our diagnoses. Hence, we adopted the CBCT technology early on in the United States. Furthermore, we were one of the very first dental offices in the United States to make that technology available.
- CBCT technology enables us to look at the entire volume of a patient’s head and see all of the vital anatomy. This provides a far better orientation than we can achieve with two-dimensional x-rays.
- Using CBCT, we can virtually walk a patient through the airway and show them signs of obstruction. We can also visualize the joints and create three-dimensional reconstructions of them.
- We can observe the relationships between the lower jaw and the base of the skull, look at torsions that might exist between the cranial bones, see the relationships between the roots of the teeth and related structures, and learn where the bone – or availability of bone – may limit our ability to move teeth.
- CBCT enables us to better predict how to treat a patient. In addition, it also gives us a much better understanding of the paths we should use in terms of tooth movement in the course of our orthodontic treatment.
Orthodontists Associates of Western New York is proud to offer dental imaging utilizing CBCT technology for patients throughout Buffalo, Lancaster, Olean, Hamburg, Orchard Park, and Dunkirk, New York. If you have questions about dental imaging, or the CBCT technology we use, please contact us today to arrange your free Orthodontists Associates of WNY consultation.
At Orthodontists Associates of Western New York, our reputation as a leader in orthodontic care is based on one thing… Making a Healthy and Beautiful Smile